4 large eggs
1 good sized courgette, sliced
5 tomatoes, sliced
2 large mushrooms, sliced
1 fat clove of garlic, thinly sliced
6 spring onions, sliced
Fresh basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) Wisk the eggs with a little salt and some black pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
2) Add olive oil to a hot non-stick frying pan.
3) Fry the courgette slices on both sides in the olive oil until a light brown. Push these to the side of the pan.
4) Check the olive oil.
5) Fry the sliced mushroom on both sides in the same pan, just a little bit. Push these to the side of the pan.
6) Check the olive oil, add a little more if required.
7) Fry the tomato slices on both sides quickly.
8) Add the spring onions. Stir.
9) Add ripped basil leaves.
10) Mix all the vegetables in the frying pan immediately and carefully, and spread rhe mixture evenly.
11) Add a little black pepper. Lower heat.
12) Pour over the mixture in the frying pan the well whisked eggs and cook over a low heat slowly.
13) Switch the grill on high.
14) Decorate the top of slowly cooking omelette with the prettiest of the whole basil leaves.
15) Sprinkle parmesan on top. I had grated parmesan in stock, but ideally grate fresh parmesan.
16) When most of the omelette is setting beautifully, place the frying pan (leave the handle of the pan sticking out of the grill!) carefully under the grill. Within no time the omelette will be set on top and ready. Don’t brown the omelette.
17) A beautifully perfumed lunch to be served with delicious artisan bread and a green salad.
Submitted by: Sylvia