Portions of chicken (skin on)
2 onions, sliced
2 fat garlic cloves, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 Green pepper, sliced
S & P
1/2 chicken stockcube
1/4 tsp cayenne
A generous slug of white wine (I used Martini Bianco instead)
1) Heat large pan, add the olive oil. Place the chicken pieces in the heated oil and brown these on all sides slowly – moderate heat.
2) Add the onions and stir till partly cooked (do not brown).
3) Add the garlic and stir. Do not brown.
4) Add the peppers and stir. Let these cook for a few minutes.
5) Add the tomatoes, sprigs of fresh thyme and bayleaf. Stir.
6) Add a little salt and a generous amount of freshly ground back pepper. Stir.
7) Add the wine and 1/2 chicken stockcube plus a modest amount of boiled water.
8) Place well fitting lid on pot and leave it to simmer at low heat.
9) Check pot after 15 minutes.
10) Check again after about 10 minutes or until chicken is just cooked.
11) Check flavours and adjust if necessary.
12) Serve with white rice.
Submitted by: Sylvia